Bleh...

...

I've been sick since the day of the BORP ride. A nagging head cold won't release its grip on me.

I finally got an appointment with the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor, who refused to wave his magic wand over my poor aching body. As we both already knew, my chronic allergies make me particularly susceptible to respiratory ailments.

Of course, I've still been going into work at the theater. The show must go on, after all.


*******************


This photo has nothing to do with anything. I thought it was interesting to see how the wasps and ants (look closely) clean up the dead (and, I suspect, dying) bees. I think that this young fuzzy bee was affected by varroa mites. Her wings look messed-up, which is a sure sign of varroa infestation.

Comments

I'm sorry you feel so lousy. I hope the cold releases it's grip soon. I winced at the yellow jacket. Yesterday I found a number of dead bees at the entrance of our weakest hive when I went to feed them, and found yellow jackets leaving the entrance. With the rain I can't open it up, but it looks bleak. I think the yellow jackets may have finished off that hive, despite the robbing screens being in place :( I'm sorry your bee seems to have deformed wings...we've seen quite a bit of that this fall. Evil varroa.
Anonymous said…
Another WOW, great photo! Seriously life never passes you guys by! Another outstanding photo...with the quick paced life everyone seems to have nowdays, who really takes the time to take a closer look? Thank you for taking the time to make me realize I needed to take a closer look at life around me!

Popular Posts