For those of you who do not have the benefit of experience, let me advise you on how to shop when the most important person in your life has a broken back.
Things to buy:
- Bendy Straws -- Crazily valuable for anyone who cannot sit up in bed.
- Heating Pads -- Wards off painful muscular spasticity. Great cat-magnet.
- Analgesic Cream -- We call this stuff "Hot Mess."
- Warm "Wooby" Socks -- Staying comfy is incredibly important.
- Wool Blankets -- see above note on "Wooby."
- A Stupid Amount of Frozen Food -- I'm back at work on Monday, and Robb's gotta eat.
- Yarn -- Knitting keeps me from losing my mind.
Things never to buy
- Rice-Filled "Aromatherapy" Heating Pads -- Far too lumpy to comfortably lay upon.
- Memory Foam Mattress Covers -- Might as well be quicksand. Robb got stuck, when he was trying to turn over in bed. This might have been almost funny, if Robb hadn't been screaming in pain. (We can laugh about this, now.)