Cat Scratch Fever

...



I've not written about it, because it would seem too much like complaining (and anyway, that's what Facebook is for), but I've had a horrible, miserable itch-tastic rash for the last three weeks.

I finally reached the end of my patience, and went to see the doctor, who loaded me up with medications that actually work.

She had some interesting notions about the cause of the rash. We now think that I've got poison oak, from snuggling the local feral cats. Well, actually, I lay all the blame at Cardigan's feet, because Sleeves still won't let me touch him. I think that Cardigan rolls around in poison oak in someone's yard, and then rolls around in my arms. This is what I get for trying to make friends with these little fur-balls. Nothing but pain and itch.

I love these kitties, but I'm going to go all Lady Macbeth on them. I see compulsive washing in my future.





Robb may have actually had cat scratch disease, back when we lived in Baltimore. But that's another story, and it's not particularly entertaining, and in fact is kind of disgusting. So nevermind. Watch the video, it's really demented.

Comments

Cute video. That's why our dogs aren't allowed in the orchard right now. We cleared a ton of poison oak last fall, but there are now little sprigs popping up everywhere. Until we're finally poison-oak free...they can't run loose out there.
Anonymous said…
Been there, done that. And then there are the ticks...

Barbara H.

Popular Posts