"Y'all aren't from 'round here, are ya?"

...

When Robb and I lived in Dallas, people said that to us all the time. It always made me laugh.





I'm flying to Houston on Wednesday, to be part of a panel discussion at a theater conference. We'll be discussing the eternal question of how to get paint to stick to weird-o surfaces. It really is the perfect venue for my particular esoteric expertise. I get phone calls all the time from other painters that go along these lines, "We have to paint a bunch of basketballs to look like watermelons, but the paint is flaking off when they bounce. What do we do, Lisa?"

I'm excited about this trip, because I'll get to hang out with my friend Ellen, and because the local letterboxers are going to meet me for breakfast, and then take me out for some adventures.

Comments

wassamatta_u said…
So...
How DO you paint basketballs to look like watermelons?
-wassamatta_u
Gina said…
Hey - Say "Howdy" to my home state and give Ellen a big ol' squeeze from me! And safe travels and happy conferencing....can't wait to hear all about it.

xo
g
Yeah, what wassa said.
Lisa said…
Well, that's worth the price of admission, isn't it?
Gina said…
You tease.
Anonymous said…
Watch out for the chupacabras.

Thats all I gotta say about it. Those dents in my car just are not coming out anytime soon.

Annalisa
Anonymous said…
Hey, isn't that an image by my friend Lee Moyer?

Leemoyer.com
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts