a frivolous and fun day with family


After a failed attempt at visiting Preservation Park, Robb and I took his parents to the Oakland Rose Garden. He caught up with his family, while I wandered around and poked my camera into the private parts of roses, and checked up on a couple of my letterboxes.


The morning had been overcast, but the sun was gloriously bright while we were in the garden.




On the way out, I noticed the hummingbirds dive-bombing this fellow.


He very obligingly swooped down in an attempt to catch a squirrel, and alighted quite close to us. I'm not sure who was more surprised about this encounter, the Cooper's Hawk, or the humans.


There are more serious things that I could be discussing on the blog today, but I really would rather write about a lovely day with family.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Once again... AWESOME pix!

Bandaid
just curious, what kind of camera do you use?
Anonymous said…
Just can't get over your photograhic skills. I'm envious.
zoemomma
Anonymous said…
Make sure you dont get the bright idea to put a stuffed squirrel on the top of your camera to "blend in" more with nature as you photograph it. That big old hawk might end up dive bombing you! The cool thing about that is you would get some cool pictures of it before it flies off with you into the sky.

- Annalisa and Gary
Lisa said…
I have a Olympus Camedia, and to be honest, I set it on "automatic" a lot of the time. I shoot a *lot* of photos, and only a few actually turn out well. Besides, with the nature photos, the subjects are never making a silly face or squinting into the sun!
Anonymous said…
Do you sell your photos? You could do well with them!

Wild Rose
Lisa said…
I would never, ever describe myself as a photographer.

My sister and her husband are photographers.

I'm just someone who takes a lot of pictures, most of which are really stinky.
Anonymous said…
Your photos are definitely not stinky!! Neil and I were just commenting on them last night. He didn't realize that you took most of the photos on this blog. He commented on how great they were.

Give our regards to the Bauers. Glad you are taking time to smell the roses.

xo,
Martha
Anonymous said…
Your pictures have been and are wonderful.
Have a happy visit!
Mom
Anonymous said…
you have a great eye, Lisa, taking lots and lots is the new way.. (I'm still getting used to it) but I sense you consider your shots, you aren't just clicking away

Popular Posts