Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tuba before Coffee

Robb and I woke up early this morning.

Was there really oompah-tuba music playing in our bedroom, before 8am?

Well, yes, there was.




One of our neighbors was hosting a party, and they were playing live music. Tuba, trumpets and a drummer.

I don't know about you, but I think there's something a little cruel about making your neighbors listen to tuba music, before they've even brewed coffee. I guess I should count my blessings. At least I the neighbors didn't hire an accordionist.

(The band is actually really good, thankfully. They've been playing non-stop for an hour and a half. The tuba player weaves in and out of the music, creating some incredible syncopated rhythms.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you awoke to some sort of music, and not insane crazed screaming...

and I LIKE ACCORDIAN music!

I bet you guys were sort of shuffle-dancing to the music as you made coffee- admit it...

Annalisa

John and Diane said...

Hey, I like accordian music too! Tubas before 8am sounds a bit extreme though. We used to have a bagpipe player in the old neighborhood and we kinda liked it... even though he was obviously learning the bagpipes and played the same song over... and over...
-D

Isabel Ginsberg said...

¡Ajua! This is what we affectionately called my parents' music as the "Toom-nah Toom-nah" (Mexican Rancheras) music. We dubbed it after my dad would complain about our "Rata-Ta-Rata-ta" (hip hop) music.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...