Look for me on C-Span!

...



As you know, I'm a huge fan of the website Flickr, because it has introduced me -- via photographic images -- to like-minded nature-lovin', art-makin', bird-watchin', planet-savin' people. Say what you will about other aspects of Flickr. The community aspect of this site is unparalleled.

Today, through Flickr, I got a message from someone who works for the office of New Jersey Senator Robert Menendez. They wanted to know if I would allow use of my photographs of the San Francisco Oil Spill when he speaks out, on the floor of the United States Senate, against a proposed effort to expand oil drilling off the Atlantic Coast.


You KNOW what my response was:
HELL YEAH, you can use my photos!



For more on the Senator's views on this topic, click here. I particularly like this:

"Senator Menendez recognizes that we cannot drill our way to energy independence, and he will not sacrifice our environment or New Jersey’s beaches to those who think we can."

I believe that he will be speaking on this topic on Monday, so you can watch this on C-Span if you are interested.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, Lisa! What an honor. Congratulations!

=) Wild Rose
Ryan said…
That is so flipping cool! =)

-- Ryan
Anonymous said…
I knew that letterboxing would eventually lead us to somebody famous! Congratulations!

Grumpy Grinch
Anonymous said…
High five to you! We're not the only ones who appreciate your photos!

The Wandering B's
Lisa said…
oh phooey. I don't care about the photos, except that they could be useful in trying to protect the Atlantic.
John and Diane said…
That is so cool! Go, Lisa, and Go, Senator Menendez!! ;-)
-Diane from Toast Ranch
Anonymous said…
...and the Pacific too!
Kaaren said…
Cool Beans!
MommaWriter said…
Awesome! Congrats on becoming "well-connected" with some of those folks who have the potential of making such a big difference!
Stacey
(WyndRyders #2)
Anonymous said…
Good to hear there exists a senator, from NJ even, smart enough to use your fine photos.
Scarab
Pre said…
"Senator Menendez recognizes that we cannot drill our way to energy independence..."

Amen!

Congrats, Lisa.

pre
Aimee said…
How exciting, Lisa! You're making history. WTG!
~LB/Aimee

Popular Posts