Reading Lists

Robb spends a lot of time resting, which translates into a lot of time reading. In fact, he had been leaning on his left arm so much that his hand had become a bit numb. He now has a bed wedge, and is being more careful about body positioning while reading, so hopefully his "Reader's Elbow" will go away.


For no particular reason and in no particular order, here's a list of what we've been reading. (And of course, I give the disclaimer that I'm certain to have forgotten some books.)

Robb

A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson
The Devil in The White City, by Erik Larson
The Two Towers, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The War of the Worlds, by H.G. Wells
To Say Nothing of the Dog, by Connie Willis
The Call of the Wild, by Jack London
Persepolis, the Story of a Childhood, by Marjane Satrapi
Eightball, by Daniel Clowes
...and lots and lots of puzzles and magazines.

Lisa

Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
(re-read right after the accident as Shameless Comfort Reading)
To Say Nothing of the Dog, by Connie Willis
Prodigal Summer, by Barbara Kingsolver
Eats Shoots and Leaves, by Lynne Truss
The Big Year: A Tale of Man, Nature and Fowl Obsession, by Mark Obmascik

(I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I read that last one in a single sitting. I love birds, but the notion of hyper competitive birdwatching is just too, too weird. I must admit that I've occasionally dreamed about bird watching in the Aleutian Islands, but not because I needed to add numbers to my "life count" of birds.)

Thanks to everyone who gave or loaned us books. I'm not entirely certain who wants their books back, so do let me know, okay?

Comments

knitica said…
I looooooved Prodigal Summer!
knitica said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts