Falconry, Revisited

...



Back in March, Robb and I took a falconry class. It was a huge amount of fun.

However, I don't think the instructors knew what to make of us.  The class turned out to be very much geared toward hunting, and Robb and I are career vegetarians.  I just wanted to work with the birds, to fly them, and let them express their birdness.  I wasn't so interested in making them hunt rabbits on my behalf.

Summer came, and I got terribly busy with work.  Thoughts of further falconry classes languished.



Until now.


Our young chickens may be perfect candidates for my vision of backyard falconry.  I could use chard and spinach instead of quail chunks to teach them to trust me. 




I really think I'm on to something, here.

Comments

Unknown said…
Sounds like a fine-feathered idea to me, Lisa! Have fun and keep us updated as to how it goes!

Popular Posts