Just Scraping By

...



I'm still scraping our damn garage. I can only do a few hours at a time, because the work is so hard on my hands and arms.  Also the sun is just too strong, and now that I'm working at the roofline, we've had to take down the sun-shade.




Robb and I pulled out the antiquated window screen, and I found an actual glass window to fit this space at an architectural salvage store.  Smog, of course, has been obsessed with exploring the neighbor's garage. 

I'm at that infuriating part of the project where I want to move on to the next phase, but I just can't seem to finish what I'm working on.  Almost there.  Almost there.  That's what I keep telling myself.  And yet, completion seems just out of reach.

I keep hoping that the Shoemaker's Elves will drop by and sand the damn wall for me.  Where are those lazy elves?  I've been leaving shoes all over the house as bait, but I can't seem to lure any over to do my work for me.





Stupid elves.

For those who are curious, this is what the garage looked like before we started scraping.  What a mess I've made...

Comments

Unknown said…
You seem unable to do poor work, don't forget that you can do bad work! Enough painters get paid for bad work, examples abound.
Lisa said…
Heaven forbid! I could not look at shoddy work, if I was the one who perpetrated it.
Michelle said…
You have come so far, just look at that before shot! The elves don't do any better here, so I think it's back to work for you...

Popular Posts