Sunday, January 19, 2014

Needed: A Pep Talk, A Hug, and A Beer.

...

not how things look at our house



I'm taking a quick break from working on our bathroom, to eat a bite of lunch, and to send out a plea for a positive word.

Our dear friend Erica arrives for a week-long visit tonight.  Robb and I have been trying to get our bathroom tidied, but even after a week with my head wedged beside the toilet, I don't think it looks appreciably better.  It looks different, sure.  Instead of looking like a wreck, it looks like a construction site.

Today is about the prettiest day imaginable, and I've spent the entire time in the bathroom.

Please send sympathy, and beer.

4 comments:

Rabid Quilter from CA said...

Anyone who's spent any time with their head wedged beside a toilet, something I guarantee you'll NEVER find me doing, can use that for an excuse for ANYthing. I suspect this visitor is a dear friend who knows you both well and would forgive any suggestion of inconvenience.
BTW: my darling husband spent almost an hour with toilet-head-and-body wedging recently attempting to remove a baby bunny who'd been maimed by our cat and crawled into a recess there to breathe its last. It involved a carefully bent coat hanger, gouged fur and quite a bit of gore :-P

Ayse said...

I send you the finest beer to be had from a weird little crevice in my crawlspace, where I am solving geometrical problems with waste line. On this lovely day.

K said...

I think it's exciting staying in a home with the bathroom under renovation. It screams, "industry!" Your guests will immediately feel the security of staying in a home with such conscientious hosts. After all, if you take such intricate care of old tile boards... :)

sarcasmo said...

As creative as you are, I'm sure your friend will appreciate all the work you have completed. That and a pint of your homemade brew with some delicious homemade food will make everything look shiny :) You're an inspiration, keep doing the things you do! Actually reading your blog is a lot like reading Peter Mayle's A Year In Provence. I LOVED that series. Happy painting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...