Trick or Treat Recap

...



This year was probably the biggest year for trick-or-treating we've seen since we bought our little house. I was a bit too busy to paint some new decorations, so we re-used the Hell Mouth from last year.  (This photo is from last year as well, the house is now a pale green-blue-grey color, instead of being dirty white.)  The kids just loved it, and their parents took a loads of photos, as their children were walking back down our stairs.

As always, the little ones who came trick-or-treating were very young, super-excited, and unfailingly polite.  Our neighborhood seems to have very strong families.  It was nice to see kids going house-to-house.  I thinks it's really strange how that tradition is dying out, in favor of trick or treating at shops.  Why are homeowners dangerous, and shop clerks safe? This makes no sense to me.




Comments

Michelle said…
I can see why the parents took photos and the kids loved it! Looks great, the best on the block, or the whole neighborhood. I actually forgot that last night was halloween, but no biggie, we've not had one single trick-or-treater in the 6 years that we've lived here. I don't even buy one bag of treats anymore, you-know-who would eat it ALL by herself.
Anonymous said…
I love that look! I would totally do something like that for halloween, but I'll wait until we remodel. What I can't understand is trick or treating by car. The whole point of trick or treating was the walking, at least in my mind.
CinnamonOpus said…
Hell Mouth is AWESOME! I love it. As a kid I would have been torn -- OMG SO SCARED AND YET I CANNOT RESIST...

Well done!
Your house is fab and we're glad you have kids who appreciate it. I was so sad that we didn't get a single trick-or-treater. Halloween was the only day of the year my over-protective mom allowed me to be on my own in our neighborhood. I still can feel the liberty and freedom that night gave me. I taught my kids to love Halloween--our daughter even got married on Halloween dressed in black and orange!!

Doublesaj
Steph said…
MIND. BLOWN. Hell Mouth is awesome. My best Hallowe'en memories are from going to houses where the owners were having just as much fun as the kids. You are creating great memories for the kids who visit you. Well done!

Popular Posts