Persimmons!

.....




We've just started getting ripe persimmons off our tree.  It has been a strange year.  The tree dropped a lot of unripe fruit throughout the summer, and much of the fruit has cosmetic damage on the skin.

Nevertheless, this tree never disappoints.  The fruit, while not as lovely as it has been in previous years, is subtle, silky and delicious.  We're sticking with the story that "rustic" fruit bestows a certain "authenticity."  Yeah.  That's it.  (Actually, I think they do look rather nice in the basket we picked up at an estate sale this weekend.)




We probably should branch out, and make some other recipe than this almond-paste galette.  But it's so ridiculously tasty that it's hard to bake anything else.

Ah, the winter pie season..... 

Comments

Kaaren said…
I have never had one. Need to check then out, if we can find them here in Florida; I have no idea. The galette looks yummy.
Trina said…
Recipe, please!
anne bonny said…
I've also never had one, but boy does that look delicious!! I'll have to see if I can find some around here.
Liz said…
I find them a little sweet for my tastes but they do look good in your lovely basket.

Popular Posts