Hug a Chicken Day

...




Someone on the Internet has declared today Hug a Chicken Day.  All righty, then.  Our chickens are not cuddly.  They treat any attempts at Chicken Touching with the deepest suspicion. 

I suppose folks who don't keep chickens will have to console themselves by going to the grocery store, and hugging some cut-up chicken parts.

If you're a vegetarian, you could hypnotize your housecat into thinking she's a chicken.  Don't believe her when she tells you that she's laid "eggs" in her "nest box."  Cats, even those hypnotized into poultry-tude, are notorious liars.

Comments

CinnamonOpus said…
I don't know if that chicken is on board with Hug a Chicken day, either. It looks distinctly like it's doing that child a favour by exercising as much restraint as possible...
Rob Knits said…
My brother brought home a chicken from 4-H one day, and the damn Leghorn terrorized the household for the next 8 years. Hug a chicken indeed! No way!
Celia Hart said…
Ha! Yes I did spot this on Facebook today. Too late... my chickens are all tucked up in bed, but I did give one a too a friendly hug earlier when I was clearing up their hut - so I suppose that counts :-)

Celia
Anonymous said…
Well I didn't see this post until Tuesday, and let me tell you it is NOT hug a Chicken Day today in my barnyard. I was pecked so hard on my hand I have a hematoma. Stupid tetra tints. Give me a heritage chicken any day.
Larvalady-ZZ

Popular Posts