Another Revolution!

...



We did it! Another successful BORP Revolution fundraising ride!




This year, there were more adaptive cyclists participating in the 25-mile ride than in the past. This is just a small part of the pre-ride crowd. Paraplegics, quadriplegics (riding that wild-looking super-reclined hand-cycle), folks with no legs, folks with debilitating medical conditions, blind cyclists -- they all rode! It was a blast to share the road with the BORP riders.




The weather was just about perfect. Not too hot, and with a bit of a breeze. We rode the route we've done on the last two years. The year before last, I got heat exhaustion, and it's always interesting to me to revisit the spots where I hand my melt-down. Even though we weren't super-prepared for this ride, it was vastly easier than the year of the dreadful heat.




As always, the landscape was glorious. Many of the vineyards had not yet harvested their grapes. I imagine that they were taking advantage of the late-summer heat. It rained for the first time last night. I hope that the grapes are all right.




I'll write a more thoughtful summary of the ride when we get home.

And of course, I'll say this one more time: If you had intended to help us support the great work that BORP does, improving the lives of people with disabilities, it's not too late. Click on the link on the right side of our blog, and make a donation!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wahoo! Glad to hear it was easier than last years- I think you were both sick with some sort of flu last time, right? Good you had good weather- just starting to dry out here now after 3 weeks of off and on rain, after the big flood.

Annalisa
Awesome t-shirt!!
Mo said…
Wonderful! I'm so pleased that the weather was good to you and that you enjoyed it :)
Martha said…
Congratulations on another year! That is so great.
Gina said…
Yay for you!!! (and glad it was a bit easier this year.)

Popular Posts