Back

...



Today was my first day back at the pool since fracturing a vertebrae four weeks ago. It was great to be back in the water.

I've had next to no physical activity this past month apart from some household chores and my muscles were letting me know it today.

Before all this recent trouble, I was doing my one hour workout about three days a week. Today, I was amazed at how a relatively short hiatus from regular exercise could have such a huge effect on my strength.

Fortunately, as I predicted, much of my time in the pool today was taken up by catching up with my friends there who had been speculating about my absence.

Normally I swim laps for thirty or forty minutes but today I was content to paddle, wade and tread my way across the shallow end while chatting about FDR, cortisone injections, Sharon Springs NY, and the carbohydrate content of sake versus whiskey.

Comments

Kurious Jo said…
Hi Robb,
Hey, it's good to hear from you! This breaking-back-thing is getting to be a habit. Suppose there's a rehab program for that. What would that be? . . . BBA (back breakers anonymous - or perhaps not so anonymous). Well that's as witty as I can be right now - nothing compared to that cleaver lady of yours. You take care and maybe you should buy a lottery ticket. You are WAY overdo for some GOOD luck. I'm praying for you (hope you don't mind) Take care and keep paddling!!
Anonymous said…
Robb, it's so great to hear that you're on the mend and back in the water! Love to you and Lisa. - Laura Hackman

Popular Posts