Look What I got!

Robb and I observe an occasional Holiday Tradition, where one of us gets stupidly sick. And oh boy! My present (pictured to the left) came early this year!

I am the lucky recipient of Hepatitis A, the cause of my nausea.

This rather rare virus is transmitted through the most disgusting circumstances, and I will be getting a phone call from the local board of health to discuss all the restaurants I have frequented recently.

I am also going to have a totally unpleasant chat with my co-workers because of the revolting present that someone left for me to clean up last Friday. I was probably already sick when I dealt with this, but clearly, a person who does this sort of thing is unlikely to be a scrupulous hand washer.

And no, I am not making any of this up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh...Lisa...that's so crappy. But...you did get an "A"...does that go on your transcript???
Lisa said…
oh lordy...my friends are such comics!
Jen said…
oh dear! i hope you will be feeling good very soon now that it's been identified.
Gothknits said…
Oh No!!! I hope you feel better soon. That suck so much.
Anonymous said…
We already knew you guys were "hep" to the art scene, but I guess you are to the medical world as well.

Sorry, I'm trying to make a funny, but being sick rarely is so. I have no idea what you have to go through, but I will look it up online. Also, I have no idea what was left for you to "clean up" but the power of my imagination is very strong. I can only imagine some one left you your very own alien autopsy to clean up, right?

I suppose you will have to rest a lot and swallow a bunch of antibiotics as well. Take a break from working and pamper yourself for a bit. Let Robb be the nursemaid for a while, and drink lots of hot tea.

Annalisa
Anonymous said…
For something as icky as Hep A, it sure does make a pretty picture. Hope you feel better soon.

Knit Wit
Anonymous said…
Oh no, what next!?
at first glance, I thought what you got was a fun glass or ceramic plate. Get better soon. What is the treatment?
best
Sheila
Kristen said…
no kidding--i thought it was a hand-blown glass orb. sucky. there was something disgusting at the shop? That's abnormal--what has changed so drastically since i left?

or was it something nasty in the fridge?
Anonymous said…
I hope they can start making you feel better now that they know what's wrong! Thinking of you...

leslie
Anonymous said…
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/12/14/guts-i-has-dem/
This made me think of you, and laugh too. Sorry you are sick, at least it isn't the BCD version !

Dale End Farm
Anonymous said…
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/12/14/guts-i-has-dem/
Anonymous said…
hmmm.

It is leaving off the last "dem"

I don't know why
Anonymous said…
What a rotten thing to happen to such a nice person. Take care of yourself and that liver of yours, eh? Blessings, s of the peas
Anonymous said…
Aw shit. So to speak.

I'm thinking some nasty thoughts about vectors, but I guess it's goor you got a diagnosis. I'll drink to your rapid and complete recovery... OK, until you can drink to it yourself.

Popular Posts