"What's My Line?"


Remember all those lines we drew the other day? We spent the weekend painting them. Hundreds and hundreds of lines. Miles and miles of lines. The worst part, for the scenic artists, is the realization that nobody (except, maybe, another scenic artist) will have the slightest notion of all the work that went into creating this floor.



Of course, life isn't all work and no play. My intern, Sheri, is a delight to be with. And my letterboxing friends Hunter and Cara were in town, so I sweet talked them into having lunch with us.

Comments

Gina said…
Gorgeous! Rest assured -- some of us know how much work this is. What show?
Gina said…
Liam says, "I want to visit you in California and visit your scene shop. It looks cool."

You heard it here first!

Gina
Anonymous said…
Why does my back ache thinking about painting all those lines?
Buggylou
Anonymous said…
Actually, we are very careful to spare our backs. Hence those gigantic rulers-on-sticks. My hand gets tired from gripping a brush all day, and my legs were pretty exhausted, probably from standing so still...

We're almost done with this phase of the project!

Popular Posts